Author: Darlene Hull
As a busy business owner, the last thing we want to hear is that we need to be on yet another social media platform. Normally, I’d say forget about it, because the action is still alive and well on the current Facebook/LinkedIn/Twitter/Pinterest platforms.
However, the new Google+ is making me take a serious second look – and I think you should, too. Here’s why:
- It’s got the nice “timeline” look of Facebook but it’s a lot less cluttered. You can still post your image or your text posts just like on Facebook, but the timeline isn’t cluttered with ads and suggested pages to like.
- You can post short status updates just like on Twitter.
- You can do impromptu and scheduled webinars or video conferencing right in the platform itself using the video chat option.
- It’s nicely integrated with all of the other great Google tools.
- You can autopost your blog to Google+ from WordPress, and other automation is catching up.
- You can create groups so only those interested in what you’re posting about get those posts – less likely you’re going to annoy your friends when you post about your business.
- You can easily find and engage with other like-minded people in your industry, and also find and engage with your target market.
- Very easy to do conversational marketing.
- Google+ now has great options for business pages.
- It improves your search engine rankings – Google loves Google+!
- Google+ automatically creates a listing on Google Maps if you post your business address. Great news for those who are looking for your services.
- The Play button found in the lower left corner shows how your post has spread throughout the Web.
- And if you think no one’s on it, British analytics company, globalwebindex indicated that in the Fall of 2012 Google Plus had surpassed all platforms except Facebook to become the #2 social network in the world.
And let’s face it, aren’t we all getting a little tired of Facebook’s constant changes and messing with our page?
I’ve been seriously dragging my feet regarding Google+ because, even as a social media strategist, I just didn’t want to add another platform to my arsenal, but I have to say, this has me not only taking a second look, but getting ready to seriously jump in with both feet.
Want to join me?
|Be A Star!|
Post your comments below and join in the conversation (or get it started!) and then share this post with your friends using the different share buttons on the blog.
I’d sure appreciate it! Thanks!